We are extremely happy to welcome our New Fundraising Director, Rebekah, to the Mlambe Project team! Rebekah brings a wealth of fundraising experience with her so we are really happy to have her on board. We sat down with Rebekah to ask her a few questions about her past experience and the exciting initiatives she will be working on with us.
1) What were the motivations behind applying for the Fundraising Director role at The Mlambe Project?
I had heard about The Mlambe Project and the Fundraising Director position through a friend and it sounded like a great fit right away! I’ve worked in several fundraising positions and felt it was the right time to take the next step and volunteer as a Director. I believe that my experience in fundraising and education in international development could provide some great skills for the charity.
2) What kind of fundraising experience are you bringing with you to your new role with us?
As I said, I’ve worked in a variety of roles in Fundraising, communications and volunteer management. I’ve previously secured funding from community schemes, grants, corporates, and events. I’ve worked with small UK based charities, as well as international charities. I’m hoping that I will be able to share my skills and experience with the team so that we can raise as much funding as possible!
3) What experience do you have of the International Development sector?
I’m currently studying for an MSc in NGO & Development Management, which I will graduate from in September and then move on to a PhD in January 2019, looking closely at the international development sector. I’ve traveled through many different developing countries and have a thorough understanding of the lives and cultures of the people that The Mlambe Project supports. I’ve volunteered in India and Romania with NGO’s and Universities. I have also won The Rank Memorial Award in Leadership for a project that I managed in Peru for children and young people with special needs.
4) Can you tell us about any exciting initiatives you will be working on with us in the near future?
There are so many exciting initiatives this year including;-
– A new annual event, which we are currently planning!
– The Big Give for which we will receive match funding for anyone who makes a pledge!
– Earth Day, 22nd April, for which we hope to share with you a unique insight into the sustainability of our Earthbag projects!
With Rebekah taking this key position in our team, things are shaping up really nicely for us already this year. We have plenty in store yet to come so be sure to keep an eye on our website, newsletter, and social media channels for more exciting news.[/fusion_text]