We support the development of jobs that increase people’s access to well paid livelihoods that can assist them to lift out of poverty.
Our 2019-2024 programme is currently under research, and we are working with private companies to develop opportunities for careers in Malawi, as well as reviewing job creation activities and their successes in other countries.
Our jobs creation programme has some minimum quality criteria for development:
- Local relevance
- Long term jobs, rather than temping
- Mentoring supporting business creation & growth.
- Equity in efforts to support men and especially women to access jobs.
- Net positive impact on the environment (for example we wouldn’t promote investments that might worsen ecological impact).
- Stimulation of social enterprise and for profit, for good companies.
- Particular focus on most marginalised, for example widows, mothers.
- Incubating digital business, micro trading, AI, and access for Malawi to the global gig economies.
- Diversifying communities away from dependence on employment of weather dependent subsistence farming.
We are working to provide sustainable livelihoods and high-quality education for people in Malawi. Find out more about our work and learn how you can get involved.