We did it!
There were highs, there were lows, and there were saddle sores. But all in all over the month of July our team of 23 contributors cover 7,904 miles and in the process raised an amazing £8,248 that will help improve the lives of young people in Malawi – particularly important right now as the work is in flux from COVID-19.
We extend our deepest gratitude to all participants, with special thanks to Sophie, Adam and Jamie for the organisation, Rich and Tom for the amazing dashboard, with a very special mention to Andrew – who covered over 1,000 miles! – and Faye, who clocked 108 hours of activity during the month.
We couldn’t do what we do without you. Thank you.
If you’d like to get involved with fundraising to help improve the lives of some Malawi’s most marginalised children, please get in touch.
- 18 Mlambe supporters are covering the distance between UK and Malawi by cycling, running or walking 7302 miles.
- They will cover the distance from 1st Jun – 30th June
- All to support children in Malawi through The Mlambe Project
Thank you Team 7302!
What is it for?
The team are aiming to raise £7,500 to:
- Support the Mlambe Project COVID feeding response
- Help secure the right to quality education for 1000 marginalised children in rural Malawi through our doubling schools project
- Support the charity through the difficult COVID times ahead
Doubling Schools Project
- 240 primary school places created…
- … with a benefit to over six thousand students over the next 25 years
- New school toilet access for 403 children, particularly important for girls’ health and attendance
- Establishment of a Teacher Development Center benefiting thirteen adjoining primary schools…
- … through which the 10,762 children enrolled in those schools will get more highly trained teachers
- 2,600 days – the equivalent of 20 years – of employment and skill development for local families during the build
Staying in touch
If you have any questions please in touch with Jamie Proctor on:
07878 654 077 (preferably via Whatsapp)